Unveiling the Best Testosterone Boosters for Men Over 50
Posted by Leonard Shemtob on May 19, 2023
Buckle up as we dive into the world of testosterone boosters. As we hit 50 and beyond, our testosterone levels might need a little help. But don't fret! We've got the lowdown on the best testosterone boosters for men over 50, including how to boost your testosterone naturally, where to buy testosterone, and much more!
Understanding the Mighty Male Hormone
Testosterone isn't just a hormone; it's the very essence of manhood. It shapes our muscles, fuels and increases our energy levels, and yes, drives our libido. But as we hit our 50s, this superhero hormone can use some backup. Enter, testosterone boosters!
The Need for Test Boosters
Feeling a tad less energetic or struggling to keep that gym routine up? You could be dealing with low testosterone levels. But the silver lining is here: testosterone boosters, which come in natural forms and OTC test boosters. So let's get our boost on!
Decoding Types of Test Boosters
Did you know that what's on your plate can ramp up your testosterone? Certain foods, herbs, and spices are nature's very own testosterone boosters. Add to this some lifestyle changes like exercise, sufficient zzz's, and stress management, and you're all set!
From prescription to over-the-counter (OTC), testosterone supplements are your secret weapon in the battle against low T-levels. Before you jump on the "buy testosterone" bandwagon, let's explore these options.
Key Benefits of Testosterone Boosters
Popping a testosterone booster pill can seem like a magic fix. But what exactly are you signing up for? Here are the top health benefits of using testosterone boosters:
Pump Up the Energy
One of the major benefits of testosterone boosters is the surge of energy they can provide. Feel your energy levels soar, helping you tackle that workout or the day's tasks with renewed vigor.
Keep That Muscle Mass
Testosterone is key to maintaining muscle mass. By boosting your testosterone levels, you're helping your body build and maintain those strong muscles you've worked so hard for.
Bone Density Boost
A lesser-known benefit of testosterone is its role in bone density. A testosterone booster can support healthier bones, which is especially important as we age.
Rev Up the Sex Drive
One of the more, shall we say, popular benefits of testosterone boosters is their ability to revitalize libido. These supplements can help reignite that spark, so you're ready when the moment arrives.
Low testosterone can contribute to mood swings and depression. By boosting your testosterone levels, you could experience better mood and mental well-being.
There you have it, folks! Testosterone boosters aren't just about muscles and libido; they're about overall health and well-being. But as with any supplement, consult your healthcare provider before you start taking them. Here's to staying strong, active, and vibrant, gents!
The Lowdown on the Best Testosterone Boosters for Males Over 50
Navigating the world of testosterone boosters can be tricky. So, we've done the legwork for you and rounded up the highest and best rated testosterone boosters for men over 50, covering safety, efficacy, cost, user reviews, and doctor recommendations. Here are the ones that topped our list:
#1. Sergeant Steel by Assault Labs
- Enhanced muscle growth
- Improved sexual performance
- Significantly increased natural testosterone levels
- Rated #1 for most effective testosterone boosters
- Uses all natural ingredients at optimal doses
#2. DAA Max by Vital Alchemy
- Pure D-Aspartic Acid test booster supplement
- Helps boost free testosterone levels by up to 40%
- Improved athletic performance
- Enhanced mood and focus
#3. Enhance by Huge Nutrition
- Supports healthy testosterone levels in men
- Promotes muscle recovery
- Boosts overall energy
#4. M-Test by Competitive Edge Labs
- Supports natural testosterone production
- Promotes increased strength and muscle mass
- Enhances libido and sexual performance
- Can help increase testicle volume/mass
#5. Apex Male by Blackstone Labs
- Helps maintain optimal testosterone levels
- Supports muscle development
- Boosts energy and vitality
#6. Steel 75 by EPG
- Increases testosterone production
- Supports muscle growth and strength
- Boosts sexual health
#7. 17-Beta by iSatori
- Supports natural testosterone levels
- Enhances muscle growth
- Promotes energy and performance
#8. Thunder Struck by Psycho Pharma
- Boosts testosterone production
- Enhances physical strength and endurance
- Supports sexual health
#9. Black Snake by Vigor Labs
- Promotes optimal testosterone levels
- Supports sexual health
- Enhances overall vitality
#10. Ball Refill by Vigor Labs
- Supports testosterone production
- Enhances sexual performance
- Promotes energy and vitality
#11. Sustain Alpha by Iconic Formulations
- Supports healthy testosterone levels
- Promotes muscle strength and development
- Boosts overall energy
#12. Bulasterone by Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals
- Promotes natural testosterone production
- Enhances muscle growth and strength
- Boosts sexual health and performance
Tips and Tricks to Boost Testosterone Levels Naturally
More of a natural guy? We've got you covered. From diet tips to exercise recommendations and sleep hacks, we'll give you the scoop on how to naturally boost your T-levels.
It's not just about taking pills, gentlemen! Nature has bestowed us with plenty of ways to keep our testosterone levels high and mighty. Here's a treasure trove of natural tips, exercise recommendations, sleep hacks, and more to keep that T-level soaring!
Fueling your body with the right nutrients is a surefire way to keep those testosterone levels robust. Consider these dietary tips:
- Protein, Carbs, and Fats: Balance is the key here! Too much or too little of any of these can disturb your testosterone levels. Include lean meats, legumes, fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats in your diet.
- Vitamin D: Bask in the sun, consume Vitamin D-rich foods like fatty fish and fortified dairy products, or supplement some Vitamin D3. This sunshine vitamin is a natural testosterone booster!
- Vitamin B6: This potent vitamin helps the body to make/use protein, control estrogen, and regulate hormones which in turn supports the production of testosterone. Foods rich in Vitamin B6 include fish, lean chicken, bananas, and potatoes with skin.
- Zinc and Magnesium: These minerals are essential for testosterone production. They're abundant in foods like nuts, seeds, whole grains, and shellfish.
Regular exercise is a natural testosterone booster. But not just any exercise will do:
- Resistance and High-Intensity Training: Research suggests these forms of exercise are most effective at boosting testosterone levels.
- Don’t Overdo It: Overtraining can lead to a drop in testosterone levels. Balance your workout regimen with adequate rest and recovery periods.
The Sleep Connection
Never underestimate the power of good sleep:
- Quality over Quantity: It's not about sleeping more, but sleeping better. Aim for 7-9 hours of uninterrupted sleep.
- Create a Sleep-Friendly Environment: Keep your bedroom dark, quiet, and cool. Avoid screens before bed and establish a regular sleep schedule.
Chronic stress can wreak havoc on your hormone balance, including testosterone:
- Meditate: Regular mindfulness and meditation can reduce stress levels and boost your overall mood.
- Enjoy Leisure Activities: Take time out for hobbies and activities you enjoy.
- Stay Social: Keep in touch with family and friends. Social interactions can help keep stress at bay.
By combining these natural testosterone-boosting strategies with the best testosterone boosters for men over 50, you're setting yourself up for success. Remember, it's about a holistic approach that takes care of your overall health and wellness. Now, let's keep those T-levels high!
Wrapping It Up: The Power of Testosterone Boosters
And there we have it, gentlemen, your ultimate guide to testosterone boosters for those of us hitting the big 5-0 and beyond. As we've discovered, the best testosterone booster for men over 50 isn't just a single magic pill but a combination of well-chosen supplements, a healthy lifestyle, and, of course, an unwavering spirit to stay strong and vibrant.
Remember, these testosterone boosters, whether it's Sergeant Steel by Assault Labs or Apex Male by Blackstone Labs, are tools at your disposal. They can rekindle your energy, help you maintain that hard-earned muscle mass, and yes, even rev up your sex drive. But they're most effective when paired with a balanced diet, regular exercise, and good old-fashioned rest.
However, it's always crucial to consult a healthcare provider before embarking on your journey with testosterone boosters. Every man is unique, and what works best for one might not work for another. Here's to a more energetic, active, and exhilarating life post-50. Stay strong, gentlemen, and let's keep those testosterone levels up!
There you have it, gentlemen - your complete guide to the best testosterone boosters for men over 50. Let's keep our vitality, strength, and zest for life going strong!
Written and Sponsored by Leonard Shemtob
Leonard Shemtob is President of Strong Supplements. Leonard has been in the supplement space for over 20 years, specializing in fitness supplements and nutrition. Leonard has written over 100 articles about supplements and has studied nutrition, supplementation and bodybuilding. Leonard enjoys weight training, playing basketball and yoga, and also enjoys hiking. In his free time he studies and works on improving himself. His personal blog is www.leonardshemtob.com
Testosterone Booster FAQs
The highest ranking testosterone booster for men over 50 is currently Sergeant Steel by Assault Labs
Among the best OTC testosterone boosters are Sergeant Steel by Assault Labs and DAA Max by Vital Alchemy
- Snyder, P. J., et al. (2016). Effects of Testosterone Treatment in Older Men. The New England Journal of Medicine, 374(7), 611-624.
- Bassil, N., et al. (2009). The benefits and risks of testosterone replacement therapy: a review. Therapeutics and Clinical Risk Management, Volume 5, 427-448.
- Hackett, G., et al. (2017). Testosterone Replacement Therapy Improves Energy Levels and Sexual Function in Hypogonadal Men. Clinical Endocrinology, 87(3), 288-300.
- Coviello, A. D., et al. (2008). Effects of Graded Doses of Testosterone on Erythropoiesis in Healthy Young and Older Men. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 93(3), 914-919.
- Morgentaler, A., et al. (2016). Fundamental Concepts Regarding Testosterone Deficiency and Treatment: International Expert Consensus Resolutions. Mayo Clinic Proceedings, 91(7), 881-896.
- Isidori, A. M., et al. (2005). Effects of testosterone on body composition, bone metabolism and serum lipid profile in middle-aged men: a meta-analysis. Clinical Endocrinology, 63(3), 280-293.
- Bhasin, S., et al. (2010). Testosterone therapy in men with androgen deficiency syndromes: an Endocrine Society clinical practice guideline. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 95(6), 2536-2559.
- Borst, S. E., et al. (2014). Muscular strength and serum testosterone, insulin-like growth factor-1, and growth hormone in pre- and postmenopausal women. Menopause, 21(8), 816-820.
- Kelly, D. M., & Jones, T. H. (2015). Testosterone: a metabolic hormone in health and disease. Journal of Endocrinology, 217(3), R25-R45.
- Herbst, K. L., & Bhasin, S. (2004). Testosterone action on skeletal muscle. Current Opinion in Clinical Nutrition & Metabolic Care, 7(3), 271-277.
- Pilz, S., et al. (2015). Effect of vitamin D supplementation on testosterone levels in men. Hormone and Metabolic Research, 43(3), 223-225.
- Lerchbaum, E., & Obermayer-Pietsch, B. (2012). Vitamin D and fertility: a systematic review. European Journal of Endocrinology, 166(5), 765-778.
- Yeap, B. B., et al. (2016). In Older Men an Optimal Plasma Testosterone is Associated With Reduced All-Cause Mortality and Higher Dihydrotestosterone With Reduced Ischemic Heart Disease Mortality, While Estradiol Levels Do Not Predict Mortality. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 99(1), E9-E18.
- Shores MM, Smith NL, Forsberg CW, Anawalt BD, Matsumoto AM. (2012). Testosterone treatment and mortality in men with low testosterone levels. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 97(6):2050-8.
- Saad F, et al. (2017). Onset of effects of testosterone treatment and time span until maximum effects are achieved. European Journal of Endocrinology, 165(5), 675-85.
- Hackett G, et al. (2014). Testosterone replacement therapy with long-acting testosterone undecanoate improves sexual function and quality-of-life parameters vs. placebo in a population of men with type 2 diabetes. Journal of Sexual Medicine, 11(6), 1567-76.
- Ng Tang Fui, M., et al. (2018). Effects of Testosterone Treatment on Body Fat and Lean Mass in Obese Men on a Hypocaloric Diet: A Randomised Controlled Trial. BMC Medicine, 14(1), 153.
- Antonio, J., et al. (2016). The effects of a high protein diet on indices of health and body composition – a crossover trial in resistance-trained men. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 13, 3.
- DeLay KJ, et al. (2016). Testosterone and the Prostate: Artifacts and Truths. Urologic Clinics of North America, 43(3), 405-12.
- Maggi, M., et al. (2014). Hormonal Causes of Male Sexual Dysfunctions and Their Management. Asian Journal of Andrology, 14, 32-38.
- Pilz, S., et al. (2011). Effect of vitamin D supplementation on testosterone levels in men. Hormone and Metabolic Research, 43(3), 223-225.
- Travison, TG, et al. (2007). The relative contributions of aging, health, and lifestyle factors to serum testosterone decline in men. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 92(2), 549-555.
- Res, PT, et al. (2012). Protein ingestion before sleep improves postexercise overnight recovery. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 44(8), 1560-1569.