Pre workout supplements are a staple for many in the fitness community.
They're engineered to boost your energy levels and improve performance during your training sessions.
But when it comes to calorie counting, how do these dietary supplements measure up?
Let’s delve into the calorie content of pre workouts and see how they fit into your fitness goals.
- Exploration of calorie content in popular pre workout supplements, focusing on how they align with fitness goals.
- Highlights zero calorie pre workout products and the impact of flavoring on calorie count.
- Discussion on essential pre workout ingredients for improving performance and muscle growth.
- Spotlight on top 5 low calorie pre workouts along with their key benefits.
- Buy the Best Low Calorie Pre Workout and fuel your fitness journey without compromising on your calorie goals.
- Specimen Pre Workout vs Wild Thing: Battle For Supremacy!
- How Many Scoops of Pre Workout Should You Take?
Pre Workout Calorie Content
Most pre workouts are actually already pretty low in calories.
Their primary goal is to increase energy production and muscle strength for high intensity exercises, not to provide nutritional sustenance.
However, the caloric content can vary based on the ingredients used in the formulation.
Typically, a pre workout supplement may range from zero calories to about 100 calories per serving.
Pre Workout Flavoring
Speaking of flavor, pre workout flavoring can sometimes add to the calorie content.
While some use low/zero calorie artificial sweeteners, others might use sugar which can impact the calorie count.
It’s something to keep an eye on especially if you are watching your caloric intake.
What Makes A Good Pre Workout
A good pre workout is more than just its calorie content. It’s about the right mix of ingredients to help you achieve your fitness goals.
Essential Pre Workout Ingredients
- Citrulline Malate: This ingredient increases blood flow to your muscles, aiding in muscle growth and reducing fatigue.
- Creatine Monohydrate: Known for enhancing muscle strength, it's a must-have for serious lifters.
- Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs): These essential amino acids are crucial for muscle recovery and growth.
- Essential Amino Acids: They help in repairing and building new muscles.
- Taste: Nobody wants to gulp down something that tastes like the bottom of a shoe. A good pre workout should have a pleasant taste.
- Mixability: It should mix well with water or your preferred liquid without leaving clumps.
- Clumping: Some preworkouts are more prone to clumping than others (especially formulas with high amounts of Agmatine Sulfate and/or Glycerol). A good preworkout formula will remain in a soft powder form for a longer period when stored on the shelf.
Top 5 Low Calorie Pre Workout Supplements
Here, we highlight some popular low calorie pre workout supplements that fitness enthusiasts are raving about. Each product has its unique blend of ingredients designed to elevate your training sessions.
Unleash the beast within with Wild Thing by Assault Labs, aimed at boosting your energy and focus for an intense workout session.
- Enhanced Energy Levels: Get that much-needed boost to power through your workout.
- Improved Focus: Stay zoned in on your fitness goals with heightened mental clarity.
- Muscle Pumps: Experience better muscle pumps for a more effective workout.
Seismic Surge is here to rock your workout world with its powerful formula designed for those serious about fitness.
- Intense Energy: Say goodbye to fatigue with this potent energy booster.
- Increased Blood Flow: Better blood flow for improved performance and muscle growth.
- Sharp Focus: Maintain a laser-like focus throughout your training session.
Become the master of your workout domain with Oracle, a formula created to enhance every aspect of your training.
- Peak Performance: Achieve new heights in your workout performance.
- Muscle Endurance: Train harder and longer with improved muscle endurance.
- Recovery Support: Bounce back faster post-workout.
Embark on a new beginning of workout excellence with Specimen Genesis, crafted for the committed fitness aficionado.
- Energy Amplification: Elevate your energy levels to new realms.
- Enhanced Endurance: Go the extra mile with heightened endurance.
- Metabolic Boost: Support your metabolism for an effective workout and fat loss.
Get bucked up for your workout with Mother Bucker, aimed at providing a well-rounded support for all your training endeavors.
- All-Round Performance: Elevate every aspect of your workout performance.
- Elevated Muscle Strength: Experience a notable increase in muscle strength.
- Tasty Flavors: Enjoy a delicious pre workout without compromising on calories or effectiveness.
Impact on Your Fitness Goals
Pre workouts can be a great ally in achieving your fitness goals.
They support high intensity exercise regimes by boosting energy levels, hastening recovery, and enhancing muscle strength.
Yet, it's vital to consider their calorie content in the context of your overall diet, especially if fat loss is one of your goals.
Dietary Supplement vs. Caloric Intake
When it comes to fat loss or muscle growth, your overall caloric intake is king.
Pre workouts are not meal replacements; they are dietary supplements designed to enhance exercise performance.
To Wrap Things Up
Understanding the calorie content of your pre workout can play a vital role in aligning with your fitness goals.
Whether you opt for a zero calorie pre workout or one with some caloric content, knowing what you’re putting into your body can make a significant difference in your training sessions and overall fitness journey.
Written and Sponsored by Leonard Shemtob
Leonard Shemtob is President of Strong Supplements. Leonard has been in the supplement space for over 20 years, specializing in fitness supplements and nutrition. Leonard appears on many podcasts, written over 100 articles about supplements and has studied nutrition, supplementation and bodybuilding.
Leonard's articles have been published in many top publications around the web. Leonard enjoys weight training, playing basketball and yoga, and also enjoys hiking. In his free time he studies and works on improving himself. For more detailed information, visit his official blog.
Low Calorie Pre Workout FAQs
Spradley, B. D., Crowley, K. R., Tai, C. Y., Kendall, K. L., Fukuda, D. H., Esposito, E. N., ... & Moon, J. R. (2012). Ingesting a pre-workout supplement containing caffeine, B-vitamins, amino acids, creatine, and beta-alanine before exercise delays fatigue while improving reaction time and muscular endurance. Nutrition & metabolism, 9(1), 28. https://doi.org/10.1186/1743-7075-9-28
Outlaw, J. J., Wilborn, C. D., Smith-Ryan, A. E., Hayward, S. E., Urbina, S. L., Taylor, L. W., & Foster, C. A. (2014). Effects of a pre-and post-workout protein-carbohydrate supplement in trained crossfit individuals. Springerplus, 3(1), 369. https://doi.org/10.1186/2193-1801-3-369
Harty, P. S., Zabriskie, H. A., Erickson, J. L., Molling, P. E., Kerksick, C. M., & Jagim, A. R. (2018). Multi-ingredient pre-workout supplements, safety implications, and performance outcomes: a brief review. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 15(1), 41. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12970-018-0247-6